Website AC Transit
AC Transit is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Communications Manager. Under general direction, manages and coordinates a staff of marketing professionals who plan public campaigns, and design and develop materials such as public information displays and publications to raise awareness of new and changing District services.
- Maintains contact with, and accessibility to representatives of governmental agencies, and public and private community and special interest groups.
- May make presentations before governmental agencies, community and advisory groups, and other public and special interest organizations.
Plans, organizes, and directs the design, content, and implementation of marketing campaigns, and District branding.
- May also be responsible for rider information programs including public information displays, publications, and digital communication channels.
- Collaborates with the Procurement Department to develop Requests for Proposal for goods and services required to execute marketing and communication activities.
- Develops the budget for the assigned unit, and monitors and controls expenditures.
- Develops creative concepts, design, and copy for publications and point-of-travel information, and supervises the design, writing, and editing work of assigned staff.
- Performs related duties as required
- Manages assigned special projects or promotional campaigns, such as the District’s Easy Pass fare program and promotional campaigns related to the Clipper Program, or communication elements for public outreach efforts related to service or fare changes.
- Manages assigned staff by planning and assigning work, providing training and professional development, offering creative and technical direction, monitoring work flow, establishing performance standards, and evaluating performance.
- Collaborates with the Grants Department to identify new sources of funding, seek grant funding, and prepare grant proposals and related documentation.
- Makes presentations to the Board of Directors.
- Oversees general market and customer satisfaction research, identifies trends and responds with appropriate strategies to achieve District Goals.
- May direct the collection and analysis of data regarding rider usage and the efficacy of public information projects and displays, and prepares periodic and ad-hoc reports.
- Represents the Marketing and Communications Department by serving on inter-departmental committees concerned with the development and implementation of new or improved services, programs, and policies.
- Equivalent to at least five (5) years of increasingly responsible professional level experience developing and implementing marketing, public information, or communications programs with an emphasis on public service and community outreach; including at least two (2) years of supervisory or lead responsibility over assigned professional staff.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in communications, public administration, marketing, journalism, or a related field
Company: AC Transit
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A