Website The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
This position is part of the National Archives and Records Administration, Office of Information Services (I), Quality Assurance Division (IQ). As an IT SPECIALIST (PERFORMANCE and AUTOMATION TESTER), you will be responsible for NARA test planning, test automation, performance testing, manual acceptance testing, test monitoring and guidance within the Information Services office.
- Participating in reviews of testing procedures and practices to ensure that documented procedures and policies are followed.
- Responsible for analyzing the underlying causes of performance issues and providing corrective action and creating a performance test
- summary report for management review.
- Responsible for development and execution of manual acceptance tests and for identifying any formal testing standards and ensuring adherence.
- Analyzing and generating test reports from execution of automated tests; maintaining the automated scripts as changes are made to the application under test.
- Responsible for conducting performance testing to analyze performance, verify system scalability, efficiency and reliability by designing, developing and executing performance test scripts.
- Determining the scope of test automation; selecting and using the right tools for automation; setting up the test environment; documenting test plans, test designs, and test strategies; designing automation frameworks; using programming skills to develop, and execute automated tests by creating scripts that run testing functions automatically by employing different automation techniques to meet the testing goals; maximizing test coverage for the most critical features of the system.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- File a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and annually from then on.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form i-9. Federal law requires
- verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with automation and performance testing tools; AND
- Experience developing scripts for performance testing and automating regression tests in the Quality Assurance (QA) framework; AND
- Experience with manual software testing
Company: The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Baltimore, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A