Website US Army Corps of Engineers
Provide vital public engineering services in peace and war to strengthen our Nation’s security, energize the economy, and reduce risks from disasters.
- Serves as Civil Design Section Chief with responsibility for supervision of the, civil site engineering design work of the flood control, navigation, and coastal protection projects under jurisdiction of the District.
- As Section Chief, the incumbent supervises all aspects of the work of the Section.
- Sets priorities, oversees projects, and resolves conflicts in all standard processes.
- Responsible for the technical adequacy in all matters related to civil site engineering which presents numerous problems of significant depth and, complexity.
- Supervises the review of civil site contract submittals for conformance with contract plans and specifications.
- Approves, disapproves, or outlines necessary changes required in the drawings.
- Makes field investigations to investigate field problems, to gain information for the planning and design of projects, or to check construction for conformance to requirements.
- Participates and is actively involved in project scope, time, cost, and quality issues to meet customer/partner expectations.
- Works closely with the Sections Project Lead Civil Engineers (GS-13) in planning projects and preparing project schedules and budgets.
Company: US Army Corps of Engineers
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Galveston, TX, US
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A