Website US Army Corps of Engineers
This position is with the US Army Corps of Engineer, Galveston District, Resource Management Division located in Galveston, TX.
- Analyze and reconcile a variety of accounts and transactions; formulating a variety of routine financial reports and implement fiscal year-end closing procedures for specific funds.
- Assist in the reviews and resolution of both daily and monthly input into the approved accounting system by working with customers to resolve various issues.
- Review, verify, and process a variety of payroll and time and attendance data impacting pay, electronic funds transfer (EFT) payroll deposits, leave, taxes, benefits other deductions and master payroll record information.
- Investigate and resolve payroll issues associated with various and unrelated types of civilian appointments.
- Prepare statistical data for comparison/trend analysis purposes and provides to supervisor for briefing of staff officers.
- Answer employee questions regarding payroll adjustments, researches historical records to detect sources of errors and corrects the errors.
- Interface verbally and on-line with payroll technicians to resolve payroll issues.
- Control security data and maintains records to ensure audit trail records are accurately maintained.
- Assist authorized collector for recording the receipt of checks, money orders, and other negotiable instruments.
Qualification & Experience:
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities Base Civilian Personnel Workforce
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement Eligible
Company: US Army Corps of Engineers
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Galveston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A