Website California State Assembly
The Assembly Republican Caucus is looking for a talented, full-time Press Secretary, fluent in Spanish, to serve as a press/social media person who thrives in a fast-paced political environment and is passionate about writing and content creation. This position involves working closely with both our Leadership & Member Services team, and is responsible for English and Spanish translation along with the creation of content to be used across all communication outlets and social media platforms. This position requires an excellent bi-lingual English/Spanish storyteller who is comfortable writing in a variety of tones to appeal to various audiences. This position is responsible for creating, writing and editing English and Spanish content written in alignment with style, tone and messaging guidelines.
- Work closely as part of both communications and member services teams to develop, coordinate and track a strategic media relations plan to communicate with Spanish-speaking Californians through Spanish-speaking media.
- Create an array of marketing materials and communications in the Spanish language to convey Member legislative priorities as well as other pertinent information that constituents might need to receive from the state government/legislature.
- Create content in Spanish for various social media platforms.
- Translate both written and verbal communications from English to Spanish and vice versa.
- Respond to media inquiries and serve as one of the Assembly Republican Caucus’ spokespeople.
- Manage Spanish-speaking media relations, including pitching and placements in publications and outlets throughout the state and nationwide.
- Monitor daily media coverage and work with press staff to assemble weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Media training and interview prep for Members and other spokespeople.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or political science/public policy or related field.
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish.
- 4+ years of communications experience, preferably working in politics, government or non-profits.
- Experience in media relations.
- Experience managing social media accounts on a variety of platforms.
- Experience in creating and maintaining press lists, and developing and maintaining professional relationships with members of the media.
- Experience drafting press releases, op-eds, backgrounders, fact sheets, action alerts, blog posts, etc., or constituent communications, including mail, letters, e-blasts and verbal communications.
- Excellent attention to detail and superior writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
Company: California State Assembly
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A