Website Austin Community College
To manage and supervise Library Services faculty, staff, operations, budget, facility and resources of campus library, and to provide reference services and information literacy instruction services to students and faculty.
- Serves on the Library Leadership Team, and participates in the Library Services, Teaching and Learning Excellence (TLED), and college-wide committees and meetings.
- Develops and maintains library policies, procedures, and services, and may coordinate college-wide library responsibilities; including reference, off-campus/extension services, information literacy, collection management, access services, library technology, and web presence.
- Participates in subject specialty credentialing programs.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with colleagues in the college, local, state, regional, and national library and academic communities.
- Coordinates library activities with community agencies as appropriate.
- Manage library services functions, including selection, supervision, development and evaluation of Library Services faculty and staff; the coordination of library functions and services with other library, TLED, campus and college activities and services.
- Makes recommendations, reports, and actively participates in strategic planning, budget preparation, expenditure, and assessment. Gathers and reports data on Library Services functions and services.
- Participates in facilities design, and management, and Library Services public relations.
- Participates in the development and delivery of the LS information literacy instruction and library instructional program.
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Reliable transportation for travel in the Austin area – ACC District as required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty and staff.
- Work is routinely performed in a library setting.
- Able to push a fully loaded book cart (50lbs), and place and remove books from shelves.
- Occasional lifting of 30 pounds of books in a book carton or book bag.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling, and manual dexterity.
Company: Austin Community College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A