Website Bucks County Community College
This position functions as the Lead Proctor in the Testing Center and is responsible for the training of test proctors; administration of exams; data collection; and handling internal and external inquiries regarding the College and Testing Services. Additionally the individual in this position manages the department’s test files, reconciles internal processing anomalies, and troubleshoots technical and non-technical testing problems with internal faculty, staff and faculty from other colleges, and testing companies. The individual in this position oversees secure test material receipt, storage, distribution, and return after completion, and serves as a representative of the Testing Center to students, parents, faculty, internal department staff, and outside organizations.
- Communicate with students, parents, faculty, staff, outside individuals, and representatives from testing companies and other colleges in the administration of tests and the application of established policies and procedures.
- Handle secure test materials, including receipt, storage, distribution, and return, following internal and external policies and procedures.
- Resolve technical issues for faculty and external testing vendors. This involves interacting with internal faculty, other offices, as well as technical staff of external testing vendors.
- This also involves troubleshooting with a higher level of computer knowledge. Primary contact during and after hours for PTU20’s when a technical issue occurs.
- Primary contact for internal faculty and academic departments when delivering exams, responding to inquiries, and resolving issues that directly affect students.
- Handle internal and external telephone and email inquiries.
- Administer Placement tests, Bucks course tests, and exams from other colleges and external test vendors according to strictly prescribed guidelines and standards.
- Administer high-stakes tests such as CLEP, DSST, Kryterion, and Castle Worldwide, which involves training and taking certification tests.
- Ability to multi-task.
- 1-3 years job-related experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a diverse student population, parents, faculty and staff from Bucks and other institutions.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented work habits.
- Associate’s degree
- Ability to identify issues and solve routine problems utilizing creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills and numerous test-delivery systems.
- Ability to function in a complex and frequently changing work environment.
- Ability to work Saturdays and evenings as needed.
- Ability to travel to LBC, UBC, and high schools in the performance of assigned responsibilities.
- Proficiency with computers, including, but not limited to, the abilities to quickly learn new programs and to troubleshoot problems within web browsers and software.
Company: Bucks County Community College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Newtown, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A