Website Bucks County Community College
This position will engage in intrusive student development (intentional firm touch) which involves intentional contact with students with the goal of developing a caring and beneficial relationship that leads to increased academic motivation and retention/persistence and graduation. The Success Coach plans and directs all activities and administrative processes to grow the graduation rate of Cheyney University through holistic (social, emotional, spiritual, environmental, occupational, intellectual, and physical) support to students to ensure their success and persistence through graduation and beyond. The Success Coach provides success strategies for students, manages outreach and support efforts, and intervenes on student concerns to increase retention. Success Coaches contribute to Cheyney University’s strategic goals of preparing career-ready graduates while increasing retention and graduation rates. The incumbent is a strong administrator with broad knowledge of policies, protocols, and codes of conduct on the university campus that are established to support students in the campus community. Lead relevant student programming activities, and plans student success strategies. Researches best practices in higher education to stay current with innovative processes and programming in regard to student success and degree completion.
- Collect data and develop ad hoc and monthly or summary reports on learning outcomes assessment.
- Train students to adjust their attitudes toward their college and life transitions and coping skills.
- Recognize students’ assets, promote students’ accountability, and develop students’ problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Implement strategic use of data and analytics to address student needs and to develop relevant student success programming
- Assess the needs of individual students within their respective Academic Houses and student they are resourced appropriately
- Advocate for students and take a proactive role in their success, across the 7 dimensions of well-being
- Serve on the Student Success and Wellness Response Team to ensure students with severe academic, financial, and mental health & wellness challenges are resourced in a timely manner
- Collaborate with the campus community, including faculty, administrators, and college partners on students’ success
- Participate in interview sessions of Summer Bridge students during the enrollment process each year Implement the goal-setting process for students within respective
- Houses per classification (e.g., Freshman, Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors)
- Work collaboratively with colleagues within the department and across campus to develop relevant and engaging programming per student classification (e.g.,
- Freshman, Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors)
- Provide psychosocial, professional, and life skills support to students. In addition, Success Coaches will collaborate with others in connecting students with their faculty advisors for class registration, complete immunization and health records and financial aid forms, and resolve any holds on their student accounts.
- Excellent communication, verbal, and written skillsActive listening skillsAbility to build relationships quickly through phone, email, texting, and instant messagingAbility to adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines, and work well under pressureAbility to make effective decisions, problem solverAbility to develop solutions to problemsAbility to organize and plan effectivelyAbility to work in a fast-paced environmentAbility to pay master attention to detail in analyzing and evaluating informationAbility to complete multiple tasksAbility to interact with diverse publics in a friendly and welcoming mannerAbility to work effectively in a team environmentKnowledge of contract negotiations and procurement policiesComputer Skills (Microsoft Word Suite and other related software)Must be willing to work some evening and weekend hours, and be flexible to adjust the schedule as needed to best meet student needsMake recommendations to the area that serves to enhance, correct, or streamline program operational activities.
- Candidates must have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of students, colleagues, and community members. Must be available for on-call responsibilities
Company: Bucks County Community College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Newtown, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A