Website Cal Fire
For specific questions regarding the duties of the position, please contact Assistant Chief Dan Dennett by phone at (530) 225-2406.
You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement.
- The incumbent typically is required to perform psychologically stressful and/or physically demanding duties consistent with firefighting, disaster response, and emergency medical response.
- The incumbent is required to wear respiratory protection equipment (including Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus – SCBA).
- The use of such equipment may place a physiological burden on the incumbent that varies with the type of equipment used, the job and workplace conditions in which the equipment is used, and the medical condition of the incumbent.
- As such, Cal/OSHA requires that the incumbent be annually medically cleared to be fit-tested for respiratory protection equipment.
- Refer to the duty statement for additional information.
- Completed applications and all required documents must be received or postmarked by the Final Filing Date in order to be considered. Dates printed on Mobile Bar Codes, such as the Quick Response (QR) Codes available at the USPS, are not considered Postmark dates for the purpose of determining timely filing of an application.
Qualification & Experience:
In addition to evaluating each candidate’s relative ability, as demonstrated by quality and breadth of experience, the following factors will provide the basis for competitively evaluating each candidate:
Possession of a valid California Driver License of the appropriate class issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Company: California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Operator
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A