Website Cal Fire
Operate a variety of communications equipment and information transmitting devices; reads maps and guides; supervise and train staff; communicate verbally and in writing; think clearly, accurately and analyze situations; establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships; and utilizing a personal computer to send detailed messages, data entry and electronic log entry.
- Dispatches mobile units and equipment to specific work locations, including locations where traffic control, citing and towing services are needed; makes phone requests for ambulance, tow-truck or other emergency services; makes inquiries of other agencies as requested by field units; reads maps and gives directions on how to get to location of emergency.
- Operates a variety of communications equipment and information transmitting devices such as, multi-line telephones, keyboard, two-way radio and pager systems utilized to receive and transmit information. Request reports and emergency calls from a number of mobile radio field units and telephones, or to transmit messages to field units and/or to route calls to proper bureau or detail for action.
- Verifies and evaluates messages received to determine if information is accurate and may follow up to ensure proper receipt and understanding to determine type of action necessary and appropriate staff and/or agency to be notified.
- Records information in and electronic system using a computer, sends detailed information using a computer-based messaging system, logs daily entries of various information in our computer data base, tracks entry and exit of watershed by permit holders.
- Knowledge of reading maps and convey accurate information to recipient
- Knowledge in responding to emergency calls and able to multiple tasks and take immediate action
- Experience working as a communication dispatcher or operator
- Ability to evaluate information and make sound decisions
- Available to work with frequent flexibility in hours/days, and weekends
- Strong organizational and time management skill
- Responsible and able to work independently and in a team
- Strong communicate skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Two years of verifiable experience operating a two-way radio communications base station, receiving, recording and transmitting messages from one source to another;
Company: California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A