Website Cal Fire
Under direction, to perform difficult mechanical engineering design, drafting and inspection work involved in the design and construction of complete State hospitals and institutions, office buildings, and industrial plants; and to do other related work.
- Designs and prepares the more difficult plans, and specifications estimates for all classes of mechanical work, such as heating and air-conditioning, ventilation, refrigeration, plumbing, sewage collection systems, water supply and water purification systems, drainage systems, steam generating plants.
- Checks drawings and makes cost estimates of mechanical systems.
- Makes detailed inspections of construction operations in the field.
- Makes independent surveys covering installation, repair or recommended improvements to mechanical systems.
- Directs the work and reviews the reports of Mechanical Engineers.
- Dictates correspondence and prepares reports.
- Knowledge of: Designing and preparing plans, specifications and estimates for hearing, ventilating, air-conditioning, refrigeration, plumbing, sanitary, water, water purification and drainage systems, and steam generating plants in common use.
- Various codes, safety orders and regulations governing the design and installation of mechanical equipment, including electric motors.
- Ability to: Prepare plans, specifications and estimates for heating, ventilating, air-conditioning, refrigeration, plumbing, sanitary, water, water purification and drainage systems, and steam generating plants in common use.
- Direct the work of others; direct or inspect field construction operations.
- Check drawings and specifications.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relations with those contacted in the work.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Dictate correspondence and prepare reports; effectively contribute to the department’s affirmative action objectives.
Qualification & Experience:
- Three years of professional mechanical engineering experience.
- Equivalent to graduation from college with major work in mechanical engineering. (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.)
Company: California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fresno, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A