Website U.S Capitol Police
The United States Capitol Police (USCP) is a CALEA nationally-accredited, federal law enforcement agency. The USCP safeguards the U.S. Congress, the legislative process, Members of Congress, employees, visitors, and facilities from crime, disruption, or terrorism. The USCP protects and secures Congress so it can fulfill its constitutional and legislative responsibilities in a safe, secure, and open environment.
- This position is located in the Office of Acquisition of Management (OAM), Office of the Chief Administration Officer (OCAO), United States Capitol Police (USCP). OAM is responsible for developing and managing the acquisition process for the USCP, including developing strategies to procure goods and services; coordinating with appropriate government offices and commercial contractors; and managing the USCP Purchase Card and Fleet Card Programs.
- This position serves as the Deputy Director, Office of Acquisition Management, sharing in the management of procurement activities, staff management and development, including program management, concept development, procurement planning, contract management, and contract closeout.
- Assists the Director in guiding the overall USCP acquisition management program by leading and facilitating the development of the annual acquisition plan, including a lifecycle replacement plan; and leading in the planning and development of the acquisition strategy in support of USCP’s mission needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to Department officials on a variety of procurement activities and issues. Assists the Director in planning, managing, and coordinating procurement policies and activities consistent with best practices applicable to USCP operations; developing and implementing USCP procurement policies and procedures in order to assure necessary supplies, equipment, and services are procured efficiently and within accepted professional standards of good procurement practices, and that contract operations fully support and complement the mission and programs of USCP; analyzing and evaluating existing policies and procedures and modifying or issuing new ones as needed, assuring the establishment and maintenance of contract files and records.
- Assists the Director in managing cross functional or interdisciplinary employee work teams, and delegating, directing, and coordinating workload, as required.
- This position has a positive education requirement. In addition to the Specialized Experience requirement, you must meet the listed education requirement below. (Submission of transcript is required.) A. Completion of all mandatory training prescribed by the head of the agency for progression to GS-13 or higher level contracting positions, including at least 4-years’ experience in contracting or related positions. At least 1 year of that experience must have been specialized experience at or equivalent to work at the next lower level of the position, and must have provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the work of the position. AND B. A 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor’s degree, that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. C.
Company: United States Capitol Police (USCP)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Legal
Job Location: New York City, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A