Website U.S Capitol Police
The United States Capitol Police (USCP) safeguards the U.S. Congress, the legislative process, Members of Congress, employees, visitors, and facilities from crime, disruption, or terrorism. The USCP protects and secures Congress so it can fulfill its constitutional and legislative responsibilities in a safe, secure, and open environment.
- Performs protective services, safeguards Federally-owned buildings and property, and protects government equipment and property.
- Enforces Federal and District of Columbia laws and regulations, and enforces USCP rules and regulations relating to law enforcement.
- Takes charge of accidents and crime scenes, restricting access to crime scenes; observes, stops, and questions suspicious persons.
- Physically protects the U.S. Capitol complex (buildings and grounds), Members of Congress, visitors, and staff from threats of crime and disruption; preserves law and order; and serves as a deterrent to crime and other violations of laws, rules, and regulations.
- Prepares reports and testifies in court.
- Must meet position age requirements.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must possess and maintain a valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Must show evidence of responsible driving in the past one (1) year.
- Male applicants must be registered for Selective Service.
- Polygraph, medical assessment, criminal, credit, and tax check required.
- Must successfully complete a probationary period.
- Must successfully complete a full field background investigation.
- Travel for hiring assessments and training is at applicant’s expense.
- Must successfully complete all required training.
Company: United States Capitol Police (USCP)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Legal
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A