Website U.S Capitol Police
The United States Capitol Police (USCP) is a CALEA nationally-accredited, federal law enforcement agency. The USCP safeguards the Congress, Members of Congress, employees, visitors, and Congressional buildings and grounds from crime, disruption, and terrorism. We protect and secure Congress so it can fulfill its constitutional and legislative responsibilities in a safe, secure and open environment.
- Provide technical and high-level operations support related to the mission sets of the Command Center.
- Identify threats, sequence and patterns of threat activity in an effort to minimize risk to ongoing operations in/around/affecting the U.S. Capitol and Legislative Branch of Federal Government to ensure Continuity of Congress, Continuity of Government, and the Continuity of Operations.
- Receive information from the field and other elements, ensure it is processed and further disseminated, and initiate deployment of personnel and equipment.
- Monitor various emergency communications devices and security systems, including those owned by partnering law enforcement departments.
- Coordinate with partnering law enforcement agencies to monitor airspace operations.
- Utilize a variety of notification/communications systems, such as electronic mail, SMS text, desktop, and telephones through a public address and annunciators system, to deliver emergency notification messages to the congressional community and others located within the Capitol Complex.
- Prepare, update, distribute, and maintain a variety of documents that involve general information, threats, or intelligence. Examples include incident reports, activity logs, event timelines, memoranda, correspondence, and statistical data.
- Search and gather information from a wide variety of law enforcement sources, ensuring information contained in each data entry is accurate and provides a clear accounting of incidents and daily activities.
- Assess large quantities of information and select information that is relevant to the USCP and those it protects.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Possession of a valid, unexpired U.S. motor vehicle driver’s license.
- Successful completion of a Background Investigation is required.
- Must complete a one-year probationary period.
- Must have Direct Deposit.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a top-secret clearance.
- Shift work is required.
- Must work rotating shifts during training and be available for any shift.
- Must complete all required training.
Qualification & Experience:
- Substitution of Education for experience: A Master’s degree or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D.
- (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least CP-6 or GS-7 level which is in or directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Company: United States Capitol Police (USCP)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Legal
Job Location: Hagerstown, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A