Current permanent Food Safety and Inspection Service agency employees and USDA CTAP/RPL eligibles.
- Conduct various samplings, surveys and tests to obtain pertinent data on potential problem areas, industry trends, or other issues of current interest to the Agency.
- Be involved in performing health and safety verification sampling and tests for detection of specific microbes (e.g., salmonella, listeria, etc.), residues or contaminants.
- Advise other Agency inspectors, supervisors and officers on inspection and enforcement matters for which you are involved.
- Work with a variety of individuals to resolve problems, clarify differences of interpretation concerning HACCP and other food safety or consumer protection requirements.
- Review records, observe plant operations and conduct hands-on verification to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and prepare detailed documentation (Non-Compliance Records) of non-compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Conduct regulatory oversight activities inside plants in matters relating to other consumer protections (e.g., economic adulteration and misbranding).
- Assure that products approved for import are in full compliance with all applicable Federal regulations governing the importation of meat and poultry products.
- Verify that meat and poultry slaughter and/or processing establishment’s Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) and Hazard
- Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) Plans meet regulatory requirements.
- Determine when regulatory control action is necessary. You will assess whether the plant’s corrective or preventative actions are acceptable and effective, if there are trends in non-compliance, or if enforcement action is warranted.
- Execute Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) Plans effectively to prevent unsanitary conditions and adulteration of product.
- Have contact with plant managers, owners and others to explain legal and regulatory requirements, discuss operation of the plant’s SSOP,
- HACCP plan and other food safety programs.
- Authorize entry of all meat or poultry products considered to comply with Federal regulations or refuse entry of any products which violate any of the requirements for admission into this country.
- Ensure that regulated establishments produce a safe product by executing appropriate inspection methods, determining non-compliance with regulatory requirements, documenting noncompliance and initiating enforcement action, where warranted.
- Communicate and defend determinations on non-compliance issues and discuss plans for addressing non-compliance.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Selectee may be subject to satisfactory completion of one-year probationary or trial period.
- Passing a pre-employment medical examination is required.
- Selectee must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance. If selected you may be subject to a Moderate Risk Background
- Investigation (MBI).
- Training as a condition of employment (TCOE) is required. You must begin the training within 90 days of the effective date of your selection, and you must successfully complete it within 12 months of the effective date of your selection.
- Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement, including time-in-grade restrictions, specialized experience and/or education,
Company: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A