The incumbent serves as a member of the senior management team as a nationally and internationally recognized expert in public health informatics, data sciences, and information technology. Responsibile for researching, developing, managing and providing leadership Division-wide in the areas of informatics, information resources and information technology policies, standards, products, projects, programs and services.
- Responsible for delivering an IT infrastructure that supports the most efficient and secure IT environment while meeting total mission needs
- Translate organizational leadership and identified business needs to create infrastructure that aligns with IT strategies and planning of the Center?s overall public health goals
- Provide direct consultation and involvement in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that steer the selection, development, implementation and use of Information Technology within the enterprise (including HHS, and CIO)
- Provide leadership/direction in collaboration with HHS, CDC, and CIO solutions IT professionals, to develop consensus based scalable, adaptable enterprise solution that in synchronization with changing public health initiatives and program needs
- Conceive, plan, and coordinate the implementation and evaluation of CDC?s and CIO?s overall integration of health information systems.
- Serve as the representative of CDC/CIO to HHS, GSA, NIST and other Government agencies in the review, evaluation, development, and standards setting for new technologies in the Federal Government.
- Responsible for leading the Information Resources Governance Board (IRGB) to provide oversight for information resource governance and investment decisions for the Center.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-14 in the Federal service as defined in the next paragraph.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s or graduate/higher level degree: major study in an academic field related to the medical field, health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
- This degree must be from an educational program from an accrediting body recognized by the U S Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained.
Company: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Healthcare
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A