As a global leader in public health & health promotion, CDC is the agency Americans trust with their lives.
In addition to our everyday work, we offer employees the opportunity to contribute their unique skills through temporary assignments on Emergency Operations Center Response Teams countering new & emerging health, safety, & security threats.
- Perform all contract administration functions ensuring contractor compliance with contract provisions.
- Conduct pre-proposal conferences with prospective bidders to arrive at a clear understanding of the acquisition requirements and to communicate what is required under the proposed contract.
- Work with program to establish acquisition plans which include the identification of applicable clearances and the establishment of milestones for each acquisition.
- Coordinate the establishment of the technical evaluation panel to review and score the technical proposals.
- Ensure the RFC contains all applicable clearances, a certification of funds and is otherwise complete and compliant with applicable regulations, policies, and law.
- Establish negotiation strategies and leads negotiations to obtain the most favorable terms and conditions for the government.
- Serve as a senior Contract Specialist with substantial Contracting Officer (CO) authority.
- CDC participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
- Travel, transportation, and moving expenses may be paid: No
- One-year probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit is required.
- Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov).
- May be subject to a Background/Security Investigation. Security clearance level may differ from the position announced when certificates are shared.
Qualification & Experience:
- Completion of all mandatory training prescribed by the head of the agency for progression to GS-13 or higher-level contracting positions, including at least 4-years of experience in contracting or related positions. At least 1 year of that experience must have been specialized experience at or equivalent to work at the next lower level of the position, and must have provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the work of the position.
- A 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor’s degree, that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
- Exceptions: Employees in GS-1102 positions will be considered to have met the standard for positions they occupy on January 1, 2000. This also applies to positions at the same grade in the same agency or other agencies if the specialized experience requirements are met. However, they will have to meet the basic requirements and specialized experience requirements in order to qualify for promotion to a higher grade, unless granted a waiver under Paragraph D.
Company: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Healthcare
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A