Website Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
This is an Excepted Service position under Title 42. Applications will be accepted from all groups of qualified persons and Public Health Service Commissioned Corps officers. No previous federal experience is required. This appointment does not confer any entitlement to a position in the competitive service and may provide entitlement to Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB) appeal rights.
- Provide support to the NCIRD Director, CDC Director, HHS Secretary, Assistant Secretary for Preparedness, National Security Council, and other federal agencies related to influenza virus detection, diagnosis, and prevention issues.
- Be responsible for planning, developing, and administering scientific programs which are critical to the accomplishment of CDC’s mission to promote health and quality of life by preventing disease, disability, and death from influenza.
- Be responsible for providing leadership, direction, oversight for the work of and staff assigned to the Influenza Division through subordinate supervisors and evaluating their performance.
- Advises staff about policies, procedures and directives from higher level management.
- Collaborate with top NCIRD and CDC management officials on the development and implementation of long- range plans and their budget impact.
- Background and/or Security Investigation required.
- Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, some CDC employees have been authorized to work virtually.
- However, when CDC is cleared to return back to work, you will be required to report to the location identified in the vacancy announcement for which you applied.
Company: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A