Website Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is the agency Americans trust with their lives. As a global leader in public health, CDC is the nation’s premier health promotion, prevention, and preparedness agency. Whether we are protecting the American people from public health threats, researching emerging diseases, or mobilizing public health programs with our domestic and international partners, we rely on our employees to make a real difference in the health and well-being of people here and around the world.
- Design experiments, test hypotheses, and assist in building scalable data science models.
- Assist in data analysis and design basic algorithms using data science and artificial intelligence (e.g., machine learning) methods.
- Work with senior data scientists and collaborate with CIO subject matter experts to select the relevant sources of information, which may include non-traditional datasets.
- Work with Information Technology (IT) teams to support data collection, processing, storage, access, analysis, dissemination, retention, and confidentiality requirements based on the survey and vital statistics data collected.
- Assist in solving the Division’s analytics problems and communicate results and methodologies.
- Collaborate with the data stewards to ensure that the information used follows the compliance, access management, and control policies and that it meets confidentiality and privacy legislative mandates (i.e., CIPSEA, Privacy Act, etc.) and NCHS quality and assurance requirements.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Background Investigation is required.
- One-year probationary period may be required.
- Recruitment Incentive authorized: No
- Travel, transportation, and moving expenses paid: No
- Drug Screening Required: No
- Annual Leave for non-federal service authorized: No
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
- Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
- Research position: No
Qualification & Experience:
- For GS-11 – Applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience
Company: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A