Website U.S. Census Bureau
This vacancy is for a Field Representative position in the Field Division at the U.S. Census Bureau for one of the six Regional Offices.
- The incumbent is responsible for communicating with respondents, supervisors, and other persons as appropriate. Reads survey materials and conducts door-to-door surveys. Explains the purpose of the survey, asks questions as worded on the questionnaire or survey instrument, and enters accurate and complete information into a laptop computer or onto survey forms.
- The incumbent may occasionally be required to lift boxes of survey materials or laptops weighing up to 50 pounds. Maintains personal payroll records that reflect hours worked, miles driven, and reimbursements for travel and communications claimed.
- Interviews respondents to collect survey or census data as required for current, on-going surveys, one-time surveys, and special censuses.
- Physical Demands: Incumbent must have good hearing and the ability to read small print found on survey forms. Incumbent must be in good physical condition to drive, walk, stand, and climb stairs for extended periods. Incumbent is occasionally required to lift boxes of survey materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be willing to travel overnight for work assignments, training, etc.
- Must be willing to work days, evenings, and weekends.
- Must have use of an automobile, valid driver’s license.
Company: U.S. Census Bureau
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A