Website Chicago Police Department
Under general supervision, the class is assigned to the Department of Procurement Services responsible for coordinating and enforcing the city’s Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Qualifications (RFQ) and Request for Information (RFI) procurement processes for operating departments, and performs related duties as required.
- Respond, in collaboration with other team members, to 911 calls with an identified behavioral health component and provide crisis assessment, crisis intervention, de-escalation, safety planning, referrals, and linkage to care services for residents.
- Develop and implement crisis related safety plans; work with patients, families, and other members of the Alternate Response Team to determine if the patient requires a higher level of care requiring transport to a hospital or alternate transport destination.
- Respond to mental health crisis calls at 911 call center.
- Conduct proactive outreach to individuals experiencing homelessness, serious mental illness, substance use disorders, and co-occurring disorders who may have unaddressed behavioral health or social service needs.
- Provide case management services to patients as needed or assigned as part of response to behavioral health related 911 calls. This may include telehealth or telephonic follow-up with the patient subsequent to the crisis event to ensure linkage to appropriate community supports.
- Provide psychological consultation while responding to behavioral health-related calls.
- Provide wellness support to 911 call center staff.
- Listen to, support, and consult with call takers and dispatchers at the Office of Emergency Management and Communications (OEMC) 911 call center.
Job Qualification & Experiences:
- Working on an Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) or Community Support Team (CST).
- Working with patients living with serious and persistent mental illness.
- Working in an inpatient psychiatric hospital setting.
- Working in a psychiatric stabilization setting such as a psychiatric emergency room or crisis stabilization unit.
- Working on a mobile crisis, alternate response, or co-responder team.
- Working with patients experiencing co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders.
Company: Chicago Police Department
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A