Website Chicago Police Department
The Police Cadet Program provides an opportunity for individuals interested in pursuing a career in law enforcement to obtain valuable work experience in a law enforcement environment. Cadets are given rotating assignments flexible with their college class schedules while working within the Chicago Police Department (CPD). While becoming a Chicago Police Cadet is not a prerequisite for employment as a Chicago Police Officer, it is a paid part-time position which introduces young Chicagoans enrolled in college to the exciting and fulfilling career of public service
- Create spreadsheets and maintain databases to track data
- Attend community meetings and other community outreach and recruiting events
- Search computer and manual records to verify or obtain requested data
- Visit different specialized units within the department for educational purposes
- Assist police officers at other police sponsored events or programs, as required
- Perform Clerical duties such as maintaining files and records, processing forms, gathering and organizing documents, and typing and photocopying documents
- Gain opportunities to be mentored by CPD staff members
- Participate in basic law enforcement and physical fitness training at the academy
- Assist in filing case reports and compiling data for use in various productivity and manning reports.
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 21 and enrolled in a nationally or regionally accredited college or university that grants Associate’s and Bachelor’s degrees.
- Individuals selected for the program must maintain an academic schedule of a minimum of 20 semester hours or 30 quarter hours per year and a minimum grade point average of at least 3.0/5.0 or 2.0/4.0.
- Graduates of the Chicago Police and Firefighter Training Academy will be given priority in processing for the program
Company: Chicago Police Department
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A