Website California Highway Patrol
Under the general supervision of the Information Technology Supervisor II, the Information Technology Associate is responsible for working in the field as the Wireless Mobile Video and Audio Recording System (WMVARS) representative and assistant to the Division Administrator (DAdmin).
- The Information Technology Associate will specialize in WMVARS and body worn camera (BWC) system support for the California Highway Patrol.
- This position will provide local information technology (IT) support to the field Divisions, and conduct trainings, assist with the rollout, and address maintenance and support issues during the operation of the systems.
- This also includes product inspections, system tests, site inspections, and staff training with members of the continuing technical support and system administration team.
- This includes, but is not limited to deployment, implementation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and administrative support statewide. The Information Technology Associate will monitor, triage, and remediate cybersecurity issues and vulnerabilities.
- The Information Technology Associate will also assist the DAdmin in statewide local/wide area network (LAN/WAN) administration, troubleshooting issues, technical support, and share in a variety of group responsibilities according the Department’s needs.
- The Information Technology Associate will functionally report to a designated field support sergeant or lieutenant on a daily basis for the Customer Services Group/Central Division.
- Describe your background, experience, education, and/or training and how it makes you qualified for this position.
- Describe your experience with personal computer hardware and Windows operating systems.
- Describe your experience working with SCCM and Active Directory.
- Describe your experience with in-car video and recording systems.
- Describe your experience working in a small team environment.
Qualification & Experience:
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodations for the hiring interview process must request the necessary accommodations if scheduled for a hiring interview.The request should be made at the time of contact to schedule the interview.Questions regarding reasonable accommodations may be directed to the EEO contact listed on this job posting.
Company: California Highway Patrol (CHP)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Safety
Job Location: Visalia, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A