Website Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
As a Cartographer, you will be responsible for researching, designing, and producing thematic and reference maps in support of CIA finished intelligence. Intelligence maps are designed for conveyance via mobile devices, web, and print. Cartographers work on regional accounts, such as: Africa, Eurasia, Western Hemisphere, Europe, Middle East, or South Asia-Oceania. Cartographers are encouraged to participate in internal training as well as external workshops, training, and conferences.
- You will work as part of a cartographic or interdisciplinary team managing multiple mapping projects under minimal supervision.
- You will work with analytic colleagues to define project requirements and provide advice on processes and procedures for optimal visual presentation.
- You will be expected to develop and maintain sufficient regional expertise to provide substantive input into the final map product, including geographic features, Board on Geographic Names (BGN) rulings, key issues, and recent developments.
- Knowledge of cartographic design principles including color theory and symbology, map projections, thematic and statistical mapping, topographic and reference mapping, display hierarchies, typography, and data generation
- Knowledge of GIS principles including data types; data layers; basic geographic, analytic, and statistical functions; geographic coordinate systems; and data formatting
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Ability to collect, analyze, and integrate geographic and substantive data into an effectively designed cartographic product
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale is preferred, but exceptions are made for extenuating circumstances
Company: Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Legal
Job Location: Fort Worth, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A