Website Central Intelligence Agency
As an Architect/Facilities Project Manager for CIA, you will provide tailored facilities products and services for internal Agency customers. Architects at CIA are responsible for taking a project from conception, through the preparation of documents for construction and furniture selection, to occupancy. You will be responsible for creating safe, secure, and functional work environments to support the Agency’s global intelligence mission.
- Architect/Facilities Project Managers at the entry-level work under close guidance and supervision to manage and coordinate the activities of well-defined facilities project. At this level, you will participate in the following actions related to civil, electrical, mechanical control, and monitoring systems: project planning; developing Statements of Work and estimates; project implementation; monitoring cost, schedules, and performance; managing customer expectations; identifying potential risks; and performing quality assurance. You will also be expected to perform general administrative duties, maintain current project management job knowledge, and obtain appropriate certifications.
- Architects/Facilities Project Managers are responsible for one or more facilities project management activities throughout the life of a project. Based on assignment, you may lead team members and contractors, travel domestically or overseas, and partake in sensitive and high visibility activities to achieve project objectives and customer requirements. You may also participate in the management of building support services and property management issues for small to medium-sized Agency facilities or participate in procurement activities in coordination with the assigned contracting officer.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Professional Engineer’s (PE) License
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Strong analytic skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Qualification & Experience:
- One (1) year of experience applying substantive expertise in a facilities project with an emphasis in facilities project planning, resource scheduling, cost monitoring, task assignment, and timeline management
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale is preferred, but exceptions may be made for extenuating circumstances
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Interior Design
- Architectural Engineering
- Related degree with focus in facilities management
- Or, relevant years of work experience
Company: Central Intelligence Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A