Website Village of Bolingbrook
Under Administrative direction, provides administrative control of the daily operations of personnel assigned to Animal Control Services, along with enforcing Village codes and ordinances. This position is a union position under MAP 522.
- Maintains supply inventory.
- Write reports
- Plans for training programs.
- Counsels unit personnel.
- Compiles monthly statistics on domestic animals and wildlife for Illinois Department of
- Works with state Humane Societies/Rescues regarding the placement of stray/unwanted animals.
- Supervises daily operations of Animal Control Unit.
- Testify in court
Agriculture and Illinois Department of Natural Resource to obtain yearly state permits.
- Supervises Animal Control Officers; writes performance evaluations.
- Coordinates maintenance for Animal Control facilities.
- Apprehends and impounds stray animals.
- Manages inventory on controlled narcotics used for euthanasia.
- Ability to operate a personal computer
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle (must have valid Illinois Driver’s License)
- Ability to operate a telephone
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Residency in compliance with Village Ordinance (within thirteen (13) miles of the center of the Village of Bolingbrook (as determined by the Public Works Department), or within municipality, any portion of which is located within thirteen (13) miles of the center of the Village of Bolingbrook, within six (6) months of the date his/her probationary period ends).
- Knowledge of ordinances, codes and regulations pertaining to Animal Control
- Possession of appropriate licenses or certificates to perform Animal Control Officer duties
- Must possess the equivalent job-related work experience and/or training
- Have physical condition to climb flights of stairs; walk, stand or sit for long periods; lift and carry equipment and boxed documents; operate required equipment safely; perform minor repairs such as tire changes to motor vehicles
- Have effective audio-visual perception to make observations, read and write
- Work independently and effectively, sometimes under stress
- Communicate well and receive communications appropriately
- Ability or experience to manage personnel
Company: Village of Bolingbrook
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Bolingbrook, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A