Website Village of Bolingbrook
Under the direction of the Co-Administrator, all while working closely with the Finance Director and Village Attorney. The position is non-union.
- Coordinates the administration of retirement (IMRF, Police & Fire Pension, and severance) for Village employees
- Administers the Village’s employee benefit programs including wellness, medical, life, COBRA, short and long term disability, voluntary, worker’s compensation, liability, and property, 457 and 125 plans
- Communicates benefit information to Village employees
- Periodically audits insurance records to ascertain accuracy of eligibility
- Assists employees with benefit questions and problems including the appeal process for denied benefits
- Performs duties related to risk management including processing, investigating and follow-up of claims for the insurance carriers, administrators and brokers
- Provides assistance to the Village Attorney on matters relating to worker’s compensation and liability litigation
- Acts as liaison between employee and management when appropriate
- Assists with Union contract negotiations including the provision of various scenario analyses as needed
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Accounting, Business and/or related fields such as Public or Business Administration, Organizational Management or significant equivalent experience. Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- Three to Five years of experience in Human Resources functions.
- Considerable knowledge of Human Resources practices and laws.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office: Word and Excel required. Access and Power Point desired.
- Possession or completion of IPMA-CP (Internal Personnel Management Association Certification Program for Public Sector HR Professionals) and/or HRCI (The Human Resource Certification Institute) PHR/SPHR Certification within two years of employment.
- Member of SHRM and/or IPMA
- Must attend human resources law training classes at least every two years and keep updated on current human resources laws and practices via workshops, publications and seminars.
Company: Village of Bolingbrook
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Bolingbrook, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A