City of Charlotte
The City of Charlotte is the largest municipality in North Carolina and the 17th largest city in the United States, with a total population of more than 872,498 citizens. A major commerce center, Charlotte hosts several of the nation’s largest banks and technology companies.
Also known as the Queen City, Charlotte is home to the Carolina Panthers, the Charlotte Hornets and the NASCAR Hall of Fame. We work hard to ensure that the community will be a winning city for everyone – a truly remarkable place to live, work, learn and play. Join us in helping to keep our City thriving, ensuring upward mobility and advancement in the workplace.
The Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS) seeks an enthusiastic Administrative Assistant. This individual will support the Marketing and Communications (MarCom) division. Performs a wide scope of administrative duties while exercising initiative, follow through, and confidentiality. Responds to customer inquiries, sorts/distributes mail, signs for deliveries, and schedules conference rooms. Manages giveaway inventory and orders supplies. Establishes and maintains relationships with the community, CATS customers, CATS employees, partnering agencies, public interest groups, and stakeholders.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as the liaison for MarComs division records management
- Create requisitions, reviews invoices, answers questions regarding invoice discrepancies, and verify receipt of materials and services, and reconcile purchase card transactions
- Assist with organizing events and special projects
- Ensure customer requests are processed and resolved in timely manner
- Maintain inventory records of MarCom assets and equipment
- Purchases items for events and projects
- Assist with regular inventory counts of schedules, marketing collateral, and pass stock
- Assist employees with travel arrangements, processes reimbursements, and check request
- Facilitate new hire setup process and decommissioning of employees
- Perform other job related duties as required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge and ability to process invoices
- Ability to work on multiple tasks in a team atmosphere
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Work effectively and efficiently to achieve goals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritize projects and work independently
- Ability to exhibit exceptional organization skills, and attention to detail
- Associate degree/college coursework in business administration or related field
- Experience using MUNIS and Concur management systems
- High school diploma or GED with one year of work related experience
Conditions of Employment
The Citys Background Check Policy requires background checks to be conducted on final internal or external candidate(s) applying for any position with the City of Charlotte. The type of information that will be collected as part of a background check includes, but is not limited to: reference checks, social security verification, education verification, criminal conviction record check, and, if applicable, a credit history check, sex offender registry and motor vehicle records check.
Background checks must be in compliance with all federal and state statutes, such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). The checks must be consistent with the guidelines set forth by these laws requiring organizations to obtain a candidate’s written authorization before obtaining a criminal background report, motor vehicle records check or credit report; and to properly store and dispose of information derived from such reports.
Final candidates must pass a pre-employment drug-screening test and physical examination. During the selection process, candidates may be asked to take a skills test, and/or participate in other assessments.
The City of Charlotte requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such, will consider reasonable accommodations as required by law.
The City of Charlotte is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job.
Anyone seeking an accommodation to apply for a job may call (704) 336-2285 for assistance or you may email questions to CityHrJobPostingsNotify@ci.charlotte.nc.us.
The City of Charlotte provides a comprehensive benefits package to all employees.
Click here to learn more about the City of Charlotte’s benefits.
The City of Charlotte is a drug and alcohol-free workplace.