Website City of Columbia Government
This position provides analysis, design, programming, consultation, system configuration, and documentation for the implementation and modification of specified enterprise integrated software systems; develops and implements an effective program designed to train and support City employees in the use of assigned information systems; acts as a liaison between individuals/work groups and the technical team in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures; organizes, leads and facilitates cross-functional project teams to address business or systems issues; insure programs meet business area specifications through adequate unit testing, system analysis, program performance reviews, and communications with business areas; and performs related technical work as required. The incumbent works within a general outline of work to be performed, and work is reviewed through conferences, periodic reports, and the effectiveness of programs and procedures.
- Represents the Program Management Office by serving as liaison between the subject matter expert (SME) staff, user community, the IT organization implementing specified enterprise integrated information system;
- Basic monitoring of system and application performance and troubleshoot or escalate issues as needed;
- Participates in the operation of the helpdesk for reception of customer support request;
- Gathers and defines requirements, configuration of specified enterprise-wide applications, gap analysis and design, application testing and end user support;
- Participates in basic review and analysis of business requirements and the configuration, mapping, and management of processes;
- Uses knowledge of technological trends to bring solutions to business units to improve efficiencies in service delivery and customer service;
- Provides technical direction and ensures compliance with best practice solution to end user;
- Performs project management and provides assistance to staff for projects as needed;
- Develops and executes effective training programs to instruct and support city employees in the use of assigned information systems;
- Provides exemplary customer service; and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, accounting, business information systems, computer science or other closely related field;
- Three (3) years of relevant prior experience to include documenting business requirements, business analysis, user/support of complex integrated systems and working with databases/SQL;
- Valid South Carolina Class “D” Driver’s License;
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) preferred.
Company: City of Columbia Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Columbia, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A