Website City of Columbia Government
This position performs administrative and technical work within the Procurement and Contracts Department; and performs related duties as assigned. The incumbent works within broad policy and organizational guidelines and does independent planning, negotiating and implementation, reporting progress of major activities through periodic conferences and meetings.
- Performs market research for end users to learn service options available and how best to procure based on need;
- Relays end user’s need and project intent through concise and technical writing;
- Facilitates procurements that are professional service related to include but not be limited to stormwater, water and wastewater;
- Assists in negotiating and managing contracts (such as but not limited to: professional service agreements, construction and renovations agreements, inter-governmental/inter-agency agreements, water and sanitary sewer extension agreements, hold harmless agreements, right-of-entry agreements, etc.);
- Analyzes individual schedules and workloads; makes adjustments as necessary to ensure optimum productivity and efficiency;
- Receives, reviews and responds to inquiries, requests for assistance and complaints from customers, consultants and others regarding areas of responsibility;
- Assists in providing education to potential vendors through small meetings and large group presentations; represents the Department while providing this;
- Assists with the preparation of a variety of studies, reports and related information for decision-making purposes and as required by the City and other government agencies;
- Assists in coordination and implementation of special projects;
- Coordinates with consultants, other City departments and the City Clerk’s office;
- Performs general administrative work as required, including but not limited to preparing reports and correspondence, maintaining files, entering and retrieving computer data, processing daily mail, answering the telephone, preparing spreadsheets, copying and filing documents, etc.
- Attends staff meetings as required;
- High school diploma or GED;
- Five (5) years of relevant prior experience;
- Valid South Carolina Class “D” Driver’s License.
Company: City of Columbia Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Columbia, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A