Website City of Columbia Government
This position provides professional customer service and clerical support to the Water Distribution and Maintenance Division; investigates problems with water meters in the field; and performs related work as required. The incumbent works within a general outline of work to be performed, and develops work methods and sequences under general supervision.
- Researches water meter installations and associated problems for customers and contractors;
- Receives, delegates and processes customer service work orders;
- Determines necessity of locking or removing meters; cuts water services off and on as warranted;
- Inspects meter problems in the field as necessary; reads meters and conducts meter tests; cleans out meter boxes;
- Investigates and reports water theft;
- Provides efficient, professional and courteous customer service at all times;
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date customer records;
- Prepares correspondence and records regarding customer accounts;
- Performs general clerical work as required, including but not limited to preparing records and correspondence, entering and retrieving computer data, copying and filing documents, processing daily mail, sending and receiving faxes, answering the telephone, etc.;
- Receives and responds to inquiries, concerns, complaints and requests for assistance regarding areas of responsibility;
- Attends meetings, workshops, training, etc., as appropriate to enhance job knowledge and skills; and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED;
- Two (2) years of relevant prior experience;
- Valid South Carolina Class “D” Driver’s License.
Company: City of Columbia Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Portland, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A