Website City of Columbia Government
This position provides professional, courteous customer service at all times; performs routine to moderately complex clerical work in support of efficient and effective department operations; and performs related duties as assigned. This incumbent works according to some procedures but decides how or when to do things; work is reviewed regularly by supervisor.
- Answers the telephone; provides accurate information to callers and/or forwards calls to appropriate personnel; takes messages as needed. May use two-way radio to communicate with field personnel;
- Greets office visitors; directs visitors to appropriate office and/or provides information and assistance as requested;
- Provides a variety of information to the public regarding department procedures, policies and methods;
- Types, copies, files, processes, mails and/or transmits various documents, which may include forms, work orders, permits, correspondence, memos, reports, official or legal documents, notices, etc.;
- Assists in entering, preparing and processing department records;
- Maintains various lists and logs;
- Collects, receipts and accounts for various fees and fines received;
- Performs other routine clerical work, including but not limited to copying documents, filing documents and retrieving files, sending and receiving faxes, entering and retrieving computer data, assembling materials, processing daily mail, running errands, etc.;
- Receives and responds to inquiries and requests for assistance from other City departments, agencies, organizations, professionals and the public;
- Performs specialized clerical duties peculiar to the department to which assigned;
- Attends training, meetings, seminars and/or workshops to enhance job knowledge and skills; and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED;
- Two (2) years of relevant prior experience;
- May be required to type 30 corrected wpm;
- Valid South Carolina Class “D” Driver’s License.
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Office;
- Selected candidate will serve a six (6) month trainee period;
- Bilingual (Spanish) speaking ability a plus;
- Work hours may vary.
Company: City of Columbia Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Nashville, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A