Website City of Columbia Government
This position performs administrative and technical support to both internal and external customers throughout the commercial development review and permitting process and performs clerical work as required. The incumbent works within broad policy and organizational guidelines and does independent planning and implementation, reporting progress of major activities through periodic conferences and meetings.
- Assists the Administrator with daily operations of the Development Center;
- Coordinates documents, manages review times, answers inquiries, and disperses plans for internal/external reviewers in the Development Center functions of the City’s Planning and Development Services Department;
- Maintains up-to-date information concerning permitting and development review on forms, checklists, and website;
- Schedules and conducts pre-applications meetings with external applicants and the City review team;
- Issues permits for the department;
- Creates projects in the City’s permitting software;
- Creates and edits progress reports for commercial development;
- Archives digital plans for commercial projects;
- Produces reports on division activities;
- Monitors changes in federal, state and local laws and regulations affecting division operations; makes changes as appropriate to maintain compliance;
- Receives and responds to inquiries, concerns, complaints and requests for assistance regarding areas of responsibility;
- Attends meetings, workshops, conferences, etc., as appropriate to enhance job knowledge and skills; and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, geography, architecture, public administration, engineering or closely related field;
- Three (3) years of relevant prior experience;
- Valid South Carolina Class “D” Driver’s License.
Company: City of Columbia Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Jefferson City, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A