Website City of Corona
Under general supervision, cleans and maintains City Animal Shelter facilities and kennels; feeds, monitors and handles domestic and wild animals held in the City Animal Shelter; assists with euthanasia for ill, injured, unwanted or aged animals; assists with emergency first aid and medical treatment to sick and injured animals; performs various customer service support functions; and performs related duties as assigned. This is a direct support position for the City Animal Shelter based Animal Control Officer I classification.
- Performs duties of professional and technical subordinate staff as required.
- Plans, coordinates, and carries out special projects as assigned.
- Manages the maintenance, modification, operation, and implementation of assigned modules of the City’s core financial system; identifies and resolves ongoing functional and technical issues; coordinates and tests system modifications; recommends operational and procedural changes to the system, as necessary.
- Participates in annual budget preparation; identifies resource needs; prepares detailed cost estimates with appropriate justifications; monitors expenditures; performs responsible financial, accounting, and/or budgetary document processing, document review, and program support work.
- Monitors and coordinates the preparation, balancing, and reconciliation of various accounting records; prepares or directs the preparation of records and reports for submission to various regulatory and other governmental agencies; oversees, reviews, and prepares a variety of journal entries, including accounts receivable aging analyses, audits, and post cash receipt transactions.
- Coordinates assigned services and operations with other divisions and outside agencies.
- Provides technical support to end users of the City’s core financial system; responds to end user requests for information on system use; investigates, troubleshoots, and resolves end user issues; develops, coordinates, and tests system/report modifications to address user needs; coordinates and conducts training sessions, as necessary.
- Establishes and maintains internal control procedures.
- Plans, organizes, assigns, supervises, and reviews the work of assigned accounting staff; trains staff in work procedures; provides policy guidance and interpretation to staff; evaluates employee performance; counsels employees, and effectively recommends initial disciplinary action; assists in selection and promotion.
- Provides staff assistance to management; prepares and presents periodic fiscal reports, staff reports, and other written materials; prepares various reports on operations and activities, including workload and workflow statistics; supervises the establishment and maintenance of reports, records, and files; ensures proper documentation of operations and activities.
- Monitors changes in laws, regulations, and technology which may affect operations of the assigned accounting functions; implements policy and procedural changes after approval.
- Monitors activities of assigned accounting functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash receipts, utility billing, payroll, and others; identifies opportunities for improving service delivery and procedures; provides recommendations concerning process changes; reviews with appropriate management staff; implements improvements and modifications.
- Participates in the development of goals, objectives, best practices, policies and procedures, and changes to applicable accounting functions; recommends and implements policies and procedures including standard operating procedures for assigned operations; establishes schedules and methods for assigned functions; participates in maintaining and monitoring work plans to achieve division and department goals and objectives.
- Answers questions and provides information to the public, staff, and other departments regarding assigned functions; investigates and responds to complaints and sensitive issues; recommends corrective action to resolve issues.
- Internal control and compliance audit principles and practices.
- City and mandated safety rules, regulations, and protocols.
- The structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Techniques for providing a high level of customer service by effectively dealing with the public, vendors, contractors, and City staff.
- Basic principles and practices of budget administration and monitoring.
- Principles and procedures of recordkeeping.
- Operational characteristics, services, and activities of assigned accounting programs and functions.
- Applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations, and procedures relevant to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including work planning, assignment, review and evaluation, discipline, and the training of staff in work procedures.
- Financial management software systems.
- Principles and practices of leadership.
- Modern equipment and communication tools used for business functions and program, project, and task coordination, including computers and software programs relevant to work performed.
- Principles, practices, methods, and techniques of generally accepted accounting principles, governmental accounting, auditing, and financial reporting.
- Principles and techniques for working with groups and fostering effective team interaction to ensure teamwork is conducted smoothly.
- City personnel rules, policies, and labor contract provisions.
Company: City of Corona
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Corona, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A