Website City of Corpus Christi
We welcome and appreciate your interest in employment with the City of Corpus Christi. We are an equal opportunity employer; no information obtained during the recruitment/selection process is intended for any discriminatory purposes.
- Train to input and transmit call information using computer terminal keyboard.
- Train to contact issuing police agencies by phone to confirm warrants and request written/oral confirmations.
- Train to operate two-way radios to dispatch calls to various city and county units and receive/communicate information.
- Refer callers to appropriate agencies.
- Contacts various parties to notify of complaints and/or actions required.
- Train to conduct file inquiries into NCIC/TCIC data banks to check various records.
- Request/send information through the TLETS System.
- Train to notify different agencies of services requested by personnel in the field.
- Train to receive and evaluate 911 calls and on-emergency calls from the public requesting law enforcement, fire, and/or medical emergency assistance.
- Train to utilize multiple computer monitors from which to update and monitor call status, transmit and receive data.
- May be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
- Train to verify and/or input data as requested by officers in the field.
- U.S. Citizenship required in order to obtain TCOLE licenses and certifications listed above.
- Must successfully complete all areas of training within one (1) year of hire, which includes passing a series of written examinations
- Must be able to communicate effectively (orally and in writing)
- TCLEOSE Basic Telecommunication License, TLETS, NCIC/TCIC full access, Basic CPR Instructions with AED and First Aid, and TDD instruction all required within one (1) year of hire
- Must be able to analyze data/information, make quick, accurate decisions under stressful situations.
- Customer service, dictation style typing preferred
Qualification & Experience:
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of six (6) months to one (1) year experience
Company: City of Corpus Christi
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Corpus Christi, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A