Website City of Dallas
Provides administrative and general assistance to the office of a Dallas City Council member in his or her role as the representative to the district, and as a member of the Council.
- Organizes meetings, events, and outreach activities including town hall meetings, neighborhood meetings, and special events.
- Performs other duties as assigned and in collaboration with the Council Liaison.
- Performs a wide variety of office functions, such as maintaining a filing system, archiving documents according to the department’s records retention schedule, making travel arrangements, attending meetings.
- Updates district website to inform the public of relevant district news, announcements, meetings, agendas, and related information. Monitors social media activity related to the district and responds accordingly.
- Submits service requests in system and follows-up with an appropriate department representative and constituent to ensure resolution.
- Monitors budget for Councilmember’s officeholder account; monitors expenses and activities and submits reports to Mayor/Council Office to ensure operations are within State and City guidelines.
- Performs all necessary duties related to the completion of open records request (ORRs), and ensure each is completed within the required time frame.
- Answers telephone including screening and ascertaining nature of calls, forwarding appropriate calls, taking messages and conveying information, and handling citizen complaints.
- Maintains a high-volume calendar of events through timely response to meeting requests, scheduling appointments, and conferences, confirming meetings, and reminding the councilmember of commitments.
- Prepares written correspondence on behalf of the Councilmember.
- Maintains office supplies and district inventory log, as needed.
- Reads prioritize and distribute incoming mail including, as needed, necessary responses.
- Prepares travel arrangements on behalf of the Council member.
- Maintains the district citizen and organization database and contact list.
- Prepares mileage reimbursements as needed.
- Maintains the Councilmember’s membership in professional organizations as the position requires.
- Four (4) years secretarial experience creating/editing letters, reports, handling appointment schedules and /or making travel arrangements.
- High School diploma or equivalent
Company: City of Dallas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A