Website City Of Edinburg
The Customer Service Specialist (CSS) greets callers on the phone in a friendly and cheerful manner with the intent of solving and addressing the caller’s issues, concerns or questions. The position requires that the CSS work with diverse populations by using tact, courtesy and independent thinking with the overall intent of being a one-call resolution asset to the caller.
- May participate in payroll functions; performs routine bookkeeping and accounting procedures.
- Performs related work and reports as assigned.
- Provides accurate account assistance, information and/or routing to appropriately.
- May assist at the Emergency Operations Center during emergency activation and assists with Emergency Management projects.
- Maintains filing system.
- May distribute Emergency Preparedness and/or Disaster Recovery information to employees, businesses, and residents through telephone calls, email and/or internet.
- Assists with walk-in customer service on site.
- Answers multiple line phone system within 3 rings in a professional courteous manner and processes requests effectively, while maintaining a warm friendly demeanor.
- May participate in account reconciliation functions; prepares requests and purchase orders.
- Requests assistance from Department Directors as needed.
- Assists customers, citizens, and employees with specific needs.
- Provides detailed information and documents to customers; prioritizes, prepares and refers work orders.
- Reports major activities to Director and/or department.
- Serve as the first point of contact to clients by welcoming, assisting and directing visitors.
- May prepare and monitors work orders; maintains accounting records; maintains and coordinates invoices.
- Performs clerical functions and other general office responsibilities.
- Applicant will be subject to a complete background investigation. Incomplete, inaccurate and/or failure to report information will cause the applicant rejection from consideration.
- Must have a current valid class “C” driver’s license from the Texas Department of Public Safety with a satisfactory driving record.
- Applicant must take and pass a pre-employment drug test administered by the City of Edinburg at the City’s expense.
- Bilingual English/Spanish Required.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalency.
Company: City Of Edinburg
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Edinburg, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A