Website City Of Edinburg
Performs and oversees the operations of youth development programs or recreational programs and activities. Work involves submitting building maintenance reports; hosting community events; coordinating youth activities and field trips; assisting in interdepartmental and city wide events; soliciting sponsors and vendors; building opening and closing procedures. Oversees staff, volunteers and mentors.
- Maintain parks or club spaces and facilities; conduct safety inspections of locations and equipment used by program participants.
- Assist with teaching programs or classes and athletics as needed; solicit and secure sponsors for various activities and events; and inform the public of events and programs.
- Perform administrative functions and public relations; assist in promoting and registering clients for programs and manage maintenance work orders.
- Maintain familiarity of rules and regulations of various programs; oversee part time employees and volunteers; and enforce city rules, regulations and departmental policies.
- Performs related work and reports as assigned.
- Coordinate events and programs; gather appropriate materials; provide tutoring and mentoring programs for youth and teen members.
- Customer service and public relations skills.
- Requires the use of standard technical skills appropriate to the work environment of the organization.
- May require providing advice to others outside direct reporting relationships on specific problems or general policies
- Requires knowledge necessary to understand basic operational, technical, or office processes.
- Knowledge of departmental and city rules and regulations.
- Performs the duty assignment after receiving general instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results.
- Requires working knowledge of program development, operations and procedures.
- One year of related experience is preferred.
Company: City Of Edinburg
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Edinburg, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A