Website City Of Edinburg
The city of Edinburg in Edinburg, TX is actively seeking a hardworking and reliable Sanitation Worker to perform routine preventative maintenance on assigned equipment and facilities. This role performs valuable services to the community, such as assisting in the transport of refuse to and from the department, replacing parts, participating in litter control activities, and relocating items as necessary by operational requirements. Are you seeking a fast-paced environment in which you take pride? Do you wish to advance your career and grow along with the city? Does working for a rapidly growing city sound appealing to you? If so, please continue reading!
- As a sanitation worker, you spend your day operating assigned equipment in a safe, correct and efficient manner following rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Your work typically involves completing a variety of essential tasks, from maintaining radio or other communications with the office to receive or report variances to standard operations; to responding to customer questions, complaints, and inquiries regarding information, rules, and regulations.
- To thrive in this position, you must diligently perform various maintenance operations at the landfill and on buildings. Actively assemble and repair lids, hinges, and wheels on plastic and metal refuse containers.
- You will generally spend the day enforcing all site user regulations, directing site users to proper disposal areas according to waste type and observing surrounding conditions such as citizens, equipment, property, etc.
- Your job is essential to the city, therefore, regulating traffic in hazardous conditions to assure safe conditions for the collection personnel and the general public is fundamental.
- You are constantly on your toes and ready for any new and unexpected challenges that may arise in the city.
- This can include responding appropriately to all emergencies.
- When you aren’t out in the city, you perform routine preventative maintenance and checks on equipment as assigned.
- You enjoy being helpful and have no problem providing related work assistance and support to other divisions within the department as needed.
- Have a satisfactory driving record
- High school diploma or equivalent
- No experience required
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test administered by the City of Edinburg at the city’s expense
- Must have a current valid class “C” driver’s license from the Texas Department of Public Safety with a satisfactory driving record. technical skills effectively.
Company: City Of Edinburg
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Government Administration
Job Location: Weslaco, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A