Website City of Austin
The City Secretary’s Office is committed to focusing upon areas of responsibility; providing effective resolution of issues; providing superior customer service to citizens, City Council and staff; and producing vital and productive outcomes that positively reflect established priority for the City of Fort Worth. Our mission is to promote open and responsive government through proper recording and preservation of the city’s legislative history and official documents; providing responsive customer service to our diverse customer base; and conducting fair and impartial city elections.
- Work independently while actively participating in a team environment.
- Provide direct support to the City Secretary’s Office which will require the person to have frequent contact with Executive-level staff, department directors and other City employees.
- Perform a wide variety of routine administrative and technical tasks to support the daily operations of the City Secretary’s Office, as well as
- perform a wide variety of clerical tasks for other staff and management.
- Provide staff support including serving as backup for other staff positions in their absence and performing related duties as assigned.
- Produce, process and assemble all materials (documents) necessary for weekly City Council meeting packets.
- Experience with the Granicus Agenda Management system or similar software. Experience with document imaging systems, preferably
- Laserfiche, and FOIA software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience in preparing agenda packets using agenda management software.
- Four (4) years of combined complex clerical and administrative experience.
Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Public Administration, Business Administration, or related
- Strong proofreading and multi-tasking skills are required along with possessing patience and flexibility during revisions of submitted documents.
- Superior grammar, punctuation and formatting skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and follow-through, and experience handling multiple priority and projects.
Company: City of Austin
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Ft. Worth, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A