Website City Of Fort Worth
The City of Fort Worth is the 12th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 900,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
- Directly engage the public, including organizations such as neighborhood associations, schools, colleges, and others to build cooperative relationships and help them to gain a clear understanding of the City’s many programs, services and processes.
- Develop programs and curriculum including content, scheduling, logistics, and delivery.
- Assist neighborhoods and community groups who wish to organize, including providing training and ongoing support.
- Required flexibility, including a schedule of varying work hours that includes evenings and weekends.
- Must have reliable transportation available to use when travelling to and from presentations and meetings across the city.
- Represent the City at community meetings and civic organizations; prepare and deliver presentations regarding assigned and/or timely topics
- Plan, organize and coordinate engaging group experiences including classes, workshops, award ceremonies, and other events for large and small audiences.
- Coordinate with all City departments to understand, develop and distribute messaging, collateral and important information in a timely manner.
- Use and maintain technical tools and databases to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Two (2) years of increasingly responsible experience in communications, public relations, marketing, or education
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Business Administration, Public Administration, Public
- Relations, Journalism, Communications, Social Sciences, Spanish, Marketing, or Education
- Valid Texas driver’s license.
- Experience creating impactful content and experiences.
- Experience with event planning and logistics.
- Experience in community outreach efforts including but not limited to contacting school, nonprofit organizations and/or community organizations to schedule and deliver presentations or attend key meetings.
- Experience working with underrepresented or vulnerable communities.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office products and basic database management.
- Experience planning and facilitating public, stakeholder, or other similar meetings.
- Bi-lingual Skills (English/Spanish)
Company: City Of Fort Worth
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Ft. Worth, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A