Website The County of Fresno
The Fresno County Department of Public Health is accepting applications for certified individuals interested in employment as a Public Health Microbiologist. Incumbents in this position will perform highly complex, certified laboratory work, involving tests in bacteriology, serology, parasitology, virology, mycology, mycobacteriology and molecular biology.
Please note : The eligible list established from this recruitment may be used to fill both extra-help and permanently allocated positions. Individuals selected for extra-help appointment may be transitioned to a permanently allocated position at a later date as authorized by the Fresno County Personnel Rules.
Positions in this classification are in Medical Group I – Light Physical Activity (Personnel Rule 8). This group includes positions which require only light physical effort and may include lifting of small, light objects and some bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, and reaching. Considerable walking or standing may be involved.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs plumbing fixtures, including drinking fountains, sinks, toilets, and urinals.
- Performs maintenance of plumbing systems and related equipment.
- Inspects facilities to identify plumbing maintenance needs.
- Plans plumbing work, determines materials and supplies required, and estimates costs; orders materials and supplies.
- Assists in the maintenance of sewage lift stations.
- Installs, tests, maintains, and repairs sewer, water, steam, heat, gas, and drainage lines and related equipment.
- May respond to after-hour emergencies.
- Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and filing requirements for this position by the filing deadline.
- A completed Fresno County employment application is required (must be current, complete, and accurate; amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline).
- Please fully list your education/work experience, including current position. Failure to list current, complete, and accurate education/work experience within the job application (including employment with the County of Fresno) will result in the disqualification of your application.
- Resumes and attachments are not accepted in lieu of a completed employment application.
- This position requires possession of a valid Public Health Microbiologist Certificate. Failure to provide your certificate number and expiration date will result in the disqualification of your application.
- In the Education section of your application, please provide complete information for each school attended. Please provide the school’s name, school’s location, the type and number of units earned (semester or quarter), type of degree earned (bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, etc.) and which major or program was completed. Failure to completely list education within the job application will result in the disqualification of your application.
- Fresno County Employment Application (must be current, complete, and accurate; amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline)
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Please click here to review the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum Qualifications Education : Possession of a bachelor’s degree that is acceptable to the State of California, Department of Public Health, Laboratory Field Services for certification as a Public Health Microbiologist.
- Certificate : Valid Public Health Microbiologist Certificate issued by the State of California, Department of Public Health, Laboratory Field Services.
- College/university transcripts may be requested to verify completion of qualifying degree.
Company: The County of Fresno
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Fresno, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A