City of Garland
Responsible for performing basic maintenance for litter and debris removal from public parks, medians and parkways for the PRCAD (Parks) Department.
Clean and sanitize public restrooms.
Operate riding mower, edger, line trimmer, backpack blower, push lawnmower, tree trimmer, etc.
Perform minor preventive maintenance on tools and equipment as needed.
Collect and dispose of litter and debris from parks, medians and right of ways, grounds and related facilities.
Operate a city vehicle to assist in carrying out routine maintenance.
- Basic knowledge of operating equipment in a safe manner
- Skill to operate various equipment including mowers, edger, tree trimmers, etc
- Basic knowledge of vehicle and equipment maintenance
- Ability to understand and implement verbal and written instructions
Qualification & Experience:
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 6 months to 1 year grounds maintenance experience
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
Company: City of Garland
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Garland, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A