Website City of Grand Prairie
The purpose of this position is to provide clerical and secretarial support for the department and provide customer service to the public and other departments. This is accomplished by performing clerical functions; performing secretarial functions; and providing customer service. Other duties include assisting with special projects as assigned and completing departmentally specific duties.
- Performs secretarial functions by coordinating meetings; handling petty cash; monitoring expenditures; maintaining records and files;
- processing invoices; maintaining accounts receivables and invoices; assisting with budget preparations; entering data into the computer; and generating various reports.
- Performs clerical functions by answering telephones; taking messages; forwarding calls to the appropriate person; filing; typing letters,
- contracts and memos; greeting customers; providing directions and information as requested; sorting mail; and maintaining office supplies.
- Completes special projects as assigned by assisting supervisor as needed; consulting with vendors or solicitors; maintaining inventory of equipment; assisting at special events; and assisting other departments.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule that may include some weekend and holidays.
- Work requires knowledge necessary to understand basic operational, technical, or office processes.
- Budget Responsibility may include compiling and entry of data as needed by the department.
- Ability to deal with system of real numbers; practical application of fractions, percentages, ratios/proportions and measurement. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to read papers, periodicals, journals, manuals, dictionaries, thesauruses, and encyclopedias. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to write reports, prepare business letters, expositions, and summaries with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Receives general direction: The employee normally performs the job by following established standard operating procedures and/or policies.
- The employee may choose the appropriate procedure or policy. Performance is reviewed periodically.
- Work requires the occasional direction of helpers, assistants, seasonal employees, interns, volunteers or temporary employees.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience: Over two years up to and including three years. Bilingual candidates preferred.
- Level of knowledge equivalent to four years of high school or equivalency.
Company: City of Grand Prairie
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Grand Prairie, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A