Website City of Greensboro
The City of Greensboro exists to partner with the community to build the desired quality of life for Greensboro. All of our actions are guided by our commitment to and measured by our success in building public trust and the future we and the community desires.
- The person in this position will react decisively and quickly in response to 911 and non-emergency calls received continuously in the Emergency Communications Division.
- This individual will be responsible for responding to public inquiries, requests for emergency services, and creating and maintaining records.
- Work is performed in a confined space; sitting at a computer terminal using state-of-the-art telecommunications equipment.
- Emphasis placed on customer service.
- Must have excellent hearing in both ears, clear speech, effective verbal skills, and be able to type quickly and accurately on the computer keyboard.
- Due to the nature and requirements of this position, extensive testing and background investigations are necessary prior to selection.
- The entire applicant process can require several months to complete.
- Each phase of the process is scheduled with enough lead time so applicants can make arrangements to attend.
- Applicants must pass a preliminary screening that tests Error Recognition, Information Identification, Categorizing Information and Information Recall. Applicants must pass a panel interview.
- They must also pass Criminal Background Investigation, Psychological screening, Drug screening and medical evaluation by licensed Physician.
- Applicants are also required to participate in 8 hours of on-site observation. (Observation is scheduled at the applicant’s convenience, after the applicant has passed the preliminary screening test.)
- Applications without a typing test will NOT be processed. Must type 35 WPM. If you have taken the test within the last 180 days your results remain valid. No results greater than 180 days will be used as part of the recruitment process; the test must be retaken.
- TYPING TEST REQUIRED: Once you have submitted your online application and it is received by Guilford Metro 911; you will receive a link to take a typing test online and submit your results to Kimberly Hooker by email: Kimberly.Hooker@greensboro-nc.gov.
- Experience working with various Microsoft software.
- No felony convictions, No single Class B misdemeanor conviction within ten years of application, No convictions of two or more Class B misdemeanors ever, regardless of conviction date.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be 18 years of age
Qualification & Experience:
- High School/GED (Will be required to submit a copy of HS diploma or GED upon being presented with a conditional offer-copy of higher education diploma will also satisfy the requirement)
Company: City of Greensboro
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: High Point, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A