Website City of Greensboro
The Stormwater Field Services Coordinator position is responsible for various field service and field maintenance coordination efforts for the Stormwater Division including citizen response for drainage complaints and flooding issues, collection, and editing of the stormwater drainage system, an inspection of Stormwater Control Measures (SCMs) during the active construction phase, NPDES outfall reporting, environmental assessments, and project evaluation/reporting. This position serves as the principal liaison with citizens and coordination with stormwater maintenance personnel to resolve drainage and flooding issues, direct interaction with stormwater engineering and water quality staff to identify and implement stormwater best management practices at both site-specific and regional levels, along with coordination with other departments and the development community for the approval of SCMs to control and treat water quality and quantity.
- Such measures include wet detention ponds, bio-retention areas, sand filters, and stormwater wetlands.
- These inspections determine if the constructed devices meet the requirements and specifications as outlined within the approved site plans and function as designed before releasing to the ongoing inspection program.
- This involvement includes interaction with property owners, associations, design engineers, developers, contractors, etc.
- This position enforces portions of the City’s stormwater management, watershed protection ordinances and collaborates with citizens, businesses, staff, and internal service providers to resolve solutions for public storm system drainage along with providing technical support for private storm system drainage concerns.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and AutoCAD drawings are used to show placement and detail of specified resolutions.
- This position assists in the reporting and implementation of the City’s NPDES Phase 1 municipal separate storm sewer system (MS4) permit. This position serves as a member of various Water Resources Department committees such as the Technological Review and/or Safety Committee. While serving on the committees, this position will be a resource for technological or safety needs within the division.
- This position may use computer-aided design drawings to assist in the design and illustration of drainage compliant solutions for engineers, other departments, and/or citizens.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact positively within a team and customer service-oriented work environment with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Related work experience in the area of Pollution Prevention, Water Quality monitoring, and/or Stormwater Management
- Prior experience with spreadsheets, word processing, GIS, and standard office software.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Global Position System (GPS) equipment and software experience (“OR” must be obtained within one year of hire date)
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Construction Management, Natural Resources, Geography, Hydrology, or a related technical/administrative field from an accredited college or university
- Prior practical experience with stormwater, construction site inspections, Geographic Information Systems.
- Experience with engineering design plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
Company: City of Greensboro
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Winston Salem, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A