Website City of Houston
Performs complex clerical and administrative support duties including organizing and maintaining record keeping systems and researching and preparing simple reports. Work requires judgment in the selection and interpretation of data and a thorough knowledge of department and city policy and procedures dealing with area of responsibility.
- Establishes and maintains assigned records.
- Answers telephones, sorts mail and operates various office equipment.
- Performs other duties as requested
- Resolves questions; refers questions with policy and procedure implications to supervisor.
- Compiles and processes data to maintain routine reports; tabulates and prepares periodic reports.
- Maintains records, interprets data and prepares complex reports that may be semi-technical in nature.
- Types, proofreads and edits correspondence, reports, requisitions, etc.
- Organizes and maintains various files.
- Basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or a GED.
- Two years of clerical or administrative experience are required.
Company: City of Houston
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A