Website City of Irvine
Do you have the desire to make a meaningful impact in a vibrant and diverse community? Join a collaborative workforce committed to serving the City of Irvine.
The City of Irvine seeks an innovative and customer-focused individual to serve as an Associate Engineer. As a member of the Irvine Traffic Management Center within the Public Works and Transportation Department, the Associate Engineer will perform traffic studies to improve traffic signal and systems planning and traffic flow in the City.
Develop and recommend traffic signal timing plans to synchronize the City’s traffic signal system and works with traffic control systems such as Centracs Software.
For more information please see the Associate Engineer job description.
Perform contract administration for engineering contracts, including the preparation and monitoring of project budgets, expenditures, and change orders.
Prepare presentations for Traffic Commission and City Council and other engineer work related to traffic signals.
Utilize clear communication and customer service skills working in a Traffic Management Center environment.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication and customer service skills as well as the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects, track details and work well under pressure.
- Ability to perform traffic studies to improve the traffic network.
- Ability to research and apply new strategies using new traffic flow improvement technologies.
- Customer service in a call center environment experience is a plus.
- Strong traffic timing, systems coordination, and incident management experience.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field.
- Three years of professional engineering experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Company: City of Irvine
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A