Website City of Irvine
The City of Irvine seeks an Assistant or Associate Plan Check Engineer to perform a full range of professional structural engineering tasks. Under moderate-to-minimal supervision, the Plan Check Engineer will work closely with consultants and citizens for technical assistance and review construction documents of buildings for compliance with State Title 24 codes.
- Researches or reviews project final reports, correspondence, memoranda, and technical advisory reports.
- Performs plan check function with other agencies, organizations, or City departments.
- Reviews preliminary and/or construction plans and associated documents for routine and complex commercial and/or residential buildings and structures to ensure compliance with applicable building codes and City of Irvine ordinances.
- Researches and interprets building codes and ordinances.
- Find additional information in the Associate Plan Check Engineer job description.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with customers and city staff to facilitate the review and approval of building permit applications.
- Registration issued by the State of California as a Professional Civil or Structural Engineer.
- A valid California Driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or structural engineering, or related field, with three (3) years of professional engineering or plan review experience; or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Certification by the International Code Council as a Building Plans Examiner will be required within six months of appointment.
Company: City of Irvine
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Irvine, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A