Website City of Irvine
The Senior Crime Analyst will perform more advanced crime analysis, develop tactical crime fighting strategies and methods, and act as a lead to the Crime Analysis team.
- Maintain quality control and verification of crime analysis data.
- Strategic analysis of data aligning with mission, vision, and values of the Irvine Police Department.
- Present strategic information and provide recommendations to command staff to address department concerns.
- Prepare statistical crime reports mandated by federal, state, and local laws to include Uniform Crime Report and National Incident Based Reporting Systems.
- Present analytical information to detectives and patrol with tactics to address crime patterns and trends.
- Analyze tactical crime patterns, cell phone data, and compile complex data statistics.
- Conduct high-level strategic investigative analysis using various complex databases and systems.
- Lead a team of six (6) staff and provide support, training, and mentorship.
- Present summaries of police data to the community, business and security partners, as well as other city departments.
- Expertise in advanced crime analysis methods and technology.
- Ability to explain technical concepts and information to a non-technical audience.
- Detail oriented individual with a high degree of creativity, initiative, and independence.
- Database management along with SQL, Python or other programming experience is highly desirable.
- Three years of investigative call data record analysis with training and ability to testify in court.
- Supervisory experience assigning and reviewing work; leading and collaborating with a team on issues that may arise.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and collaboration skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, business or public administration or a related field.
- Demonstrated expertise and increasingly responsible experience.
- Any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Possession of and ability to maintain a Crime and Intelligence Analyst certificate issued by a recognized college.
- Four (4) years of experience in a public agency including any combination of:
- Supervisory experience in the area of predictive policing.
Company: City of Irvine
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Government Administration
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A